Thursday 6 November 2014

Punch Out!





When I was growing up I played videogames like any normal kid, it was the time of the NES, (and the reason for all parents call videogames Nintendo) now I know that most of them prepared me to my grown up life, why? Because they were hard to beat, and nothing got to your standards, you needed to figure it out on the fly, no hand holding, not tutorial nothing, you just might have a friend to coach you but that’s it. And that’s life is hard and there is nothing to give you a way to do stuff.

Lately I have felt like is way harder to do anything that what it used to be, you know fighting immigration, bureaucracy, find a job, well survive in broad strokes, and in this moment I feel like one of the greats, Little Mac from Punch Out! Not when he won the last tittle but like every time he faces an enemy for the first time, because I just can see a wall of problems, and there is no people cheering or if there is, I just hear the noise of the crowd. Every punch that I receive feels worse than the last, and it looks like everything I try is completely useless.



I just wait for that final punch that knocks me to the ground and starts the count of 10, but I have such a thick skull that no matter how hard it feels I can't fall and I’m so stubborn that I know that if I fall I’ll try to get up, every day I feel worse than the last. 



People always say that I have some kind of star, and that I’m great for everything, but the world is beating me to a pulp and I can’t even put my hands up to defend myself, is like I’m against the ropes and my hands too heavy to do something. Like the song says…


What's my Star
Compared to Dynamite?
A quite pathetic fight
Let's keep it clean, punch out!”
 
And now I hear the song of Little Mac’s confession and paying attention I hear that he loses at the end, I just want to be able to make a video of that song and ending it on Mac pressing on and going for a “Continue”

Sorry for the depressive post but I had to take it out, I have been working as a dishwasher on a restaurant but is more like “kitchen bitch” where everybody is my boss and want everything made now, so is horrible. Also takes me 1 hour on the bike to get there, and 1 hour to get back.

Here is the song that I was talking about, enjoy, and remember, even Little Mac hit the ground once in a while but always came victorious at the end.

Yes, you can beat Mike Tyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment