Sunday 14 December 2014

Marco Polo




(The one on Netflix)

I just watched the first episode of Marco Polo and I can’t say why people complain about it. Yes the story feels kind of familiar, but what show doesn’t? Is not the core plot but how do you work it, and for that you have to watch the series and after that you make up your mind. Breaking bad had a familiar core, in the movie “Falling Down” you can see a normal guy breaking and making a difference because he feels in the dumps same core different treatment.

By the things I have seen in the trailer I can be sure that it is not a biographic series but more like and imaginative remake of history with a fantasy touch and that is not bad, I think?

I also heard that “there are only men in the series” well what do were you expecting, in that time women didn’t had a big part on society and if you are going to tell me that they are getting fantasy elements they could put at least a witch, well as far as I know the witches in this kind of subtle fantasy are always hidden and appear later in the story, and there are women, the concubine and the wives are women, that I’m almost sure that they will take more important rolls, because for once there are like 3 promo posters with the girls of the show, one is even wielding a sword. I mean is from Netflix the company that brought “Orange is the new black” that is pretty much an all-female cast.

3 out of 9 posters are female cast so 33.3% and we have fighting smart and powerful women so stop complaining

 The photography and the cinematography look great you cans see where all the money went on this production, and it has that calm and steady passing to get enough tension and important to each scene.

Some people have say that is a poor try of make "Game or Thrones" but I applaud this people to make big budget quality TV, I hope this begins to trend and then we will only have good TV in the future :D

I’ll get a more elaborated review after watching the whole series that will be in like 2 weeks because I think that this series is better to watch it one episode at the time, also I have tons to do now :P

No comments:

Post a Comment