Tuesday 17 February 2015

Theory Of Everything



I don’t know if you noticed but last review was difficult to me, difficult because I didn’t know how to start, what to talk about it and how to end it. The reason is that I didn’t had any passion about that movie, there was nothing there to make me care, to love it or hate it, nothing to defend or attack, something that I wanted to say about that movie, and I think that is the best reason why that should not be nominated for best film. Because it had nothing for me to get winded up, all my review was going to be was “It’s an OK movie” and that is not worthy of the best movie of the year.

Now let’s see if the last one has something that generates some spark on the old noodle pot.



The theory of everything

The life of Stephen Hawking through the eyes of his wife. I think that was the selling line of the book and the movie. Is a good idea because besides of the sickness that afflicts Stephen he had no bigger problems in it. Was like “I invented a science that will change the world of Physics” the answer was “OK, here is your Nobel”

We see the life of Hawking, his children and how he got through every problem with the help of his wife and other people.

The acting is good and you see the expression of human drama on the characters also as the struggle in life to overcome all the world trials. Wow, I had a regression to film school where I used to justify even the more mindless youtube video, and man I am good to make sound cerebral almost everything. But yes the acting is good and the story is appealing so you are there for a good time.

But nominate Eddie Redmayne for best actor? The guy acts for like 20 minutes and then is the chair and the computer doing all the job, because the guy can’t move. I admit that he gets a pretty good hit with the ground in one moment, and as I said last year “someone capable to take a hit like that deserves an award” but last year Lupita Nyong'o was around for two thirds of the movie, here he was just sitting rolling around, in that case I should got an award years ago.

But I know that he is going to get the Oscar because like Tropic Thunder teach us “you never go full retard” and well there should put a new award call “the not going full retard” there Theory of Everything and Still Alice could fight the award.

And then again I fall on the same point. I don’t get that much passion and heart from this movie, just a good movie that I’ll remember as the life of Stephen Hawking. But is like a Time Life movie, not that great and good for a Saturday afternoon, after lunch, that you feel too full to even play videogames and want to watch a good movie but not very complicated, demanding or immersive, just somebody’s life. And you don’t give an Oscar to a Time Life movie of the week, you just don’t.

So if you want to see this movie go watch it, but is not “you most watch this movie” because is kind of mild and bland, but worth watching it when is on TV or Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment