Thursday 9 October 2014

Pennies on the dollar.




Yesterday I received a letter from the government of Canada, was what I think the last of my tax return, summed up to a 95 dollars check :D

Many of you might think that is a misery or very little money, that nobody can do anything with that, maybe order a pizza or something like that, but for me is like hitting the jackpot!

Let me explain, as some of you might know I’m unemployed and with almost no savings, because of the low income I had for the past 2 years, I can barely survive, most of the expenses are covered by my brother  but once in a while I like to buy some groceries, fix my bike, or even  buy him something that he needs as a thank you gift.

For my brother those 95 dollars were nothing, for me is a little something that tells me “you can do it, just keep holding on”

Then again, I’m the guy how uses a flip phone in the era of the smart phones, the one that has a netbook instead of a laptop, the guy that most of his clothes had been handed over by friends (I call that gifts :) ) and yes the guy who sometimes searches in the trash for things and finds stuff (I took out my bike from a trashcan in Alberta :P )

So in the end I have 95 dollars and I think I’ll go crazy this Thanks Giving and prepare a big dinner and going to spend up to 22 dollars on it everything included :D

No comments:

Post a Comment